Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fog




Fog is a very nice restaurant down Greville street, just off Chapel street. during the day, I love spending my time walking around Greville street, It's one of those places where I know i could not get much shopping done, but I just love to be in the artsy fartsy atmosphere.

anyway, Fog was recommended to me by a friend who insisted that they have the best dessert in town. Having spent the last 3 years of my Melbourne life having dessert in Greco, I was absolutely ready for a change of venue.

Fog is definitely a heart-melter. I had a hard time choosing my dessert , and was deciding to choose two of out of the three short-listed one. 1) mexican chocolate molten cake, 2) passionfruit and chocolate chip souffle 3) Creme Brulee .. 

at last, we decided to go for all three.. 

reviews as such.
1) creme brulee-- was so so..
2) passionfruit and chocolate chip souffle --- it was a bit disappointing. perhaps I was looking for a more chocolatey flavour. 
3) mexican chocolate molten cake- this was absolutely wonderful. it was made of 80-85% melted dark chocolate. and the ice cream served with it complimented the flavour really well. this dish was priced at $18 each. it's pricey, but the dessert is definitely worth the money.. 

service and atmosphere is worth 5 star. it's good as a girls night out venue, as it has big dining area, long bar table and a little open air area. What more , It's located right next to Boutique.. 

Fog 
142 Greville street 
Prahran



No comments: